Somehow I missed this yesterday, so I’m making up for it now with this post. It looks like WordPress released their monthly wrap-up for October yesterday, complete with an announcement of their first billion-impression month! That is a hard number to wrap your head around if you really think about it, making it a great accomplishment.
Here are the October statistics for WordPress.com by Matt:
- 323,786 blogs were created.
- 343,832 new users joined.
- 4,085,148 file uploads.
- 1995.86 gigabytes of new files.
- 531 terabytes of content transferred from our datacenters.
- 8,862,195 comments.
- 1,309,045 logins.
- 1,088,583,200 page views on WordPress.com, and another 738,282,634 on self-hosted blogs (1,826,865,834 total across all WordPress blogs we track).
- 1,418,933 active blogs and 16,599,550 active posts where “active” means they got a human visitor.
- 1,179,018,712 words.
- 53,290 PollDaddy polls added this month — a 1250% increase from September!
It is good to see WordPress.com continue to grow and expand at such a rapid rate.