For a couple of years now I’ve been a very active affiliate marketer, but when it comes to the subject of affiliate marketing, I always feel there is more I can learn. Techniques change, new products are released, and the internet goes through a number of trends. As a result, when I learned about a new WordPress eBook called WordPress for Internet Marketers, I felt I had to get my hands on a copy and see what new things I could learn.
Upon downloading the ebook, I was surprised to see that this book is an amazing 950 pages! In fact, the author did readers a favor and broke it down into a few PDF files for more convenient reading. If that sounds like a lot of pages, that is because there are a number of screen shots included by the author which inflates the page count a bit, but helps readers to learn and follow along with what the author is saying.
One thing I really liked about this ebook is that the author really goes out of her way to provide options to readers. Most sections take the time to explain a variety of options to the reader and allows them to figure out what plugin, theme, etc. works for them. Here are some of the sections within the book that I really enjoyed:
- Creating Membership Sites with WordPress
- Integrating Podcasts into your WordPress Blog
- Creating a Sales Page with WordPress (this is a big part of what affiliate marketers do!)
- Adding a Help Desk to a WordPress Blog
- Building a Jobs Board with WordPress
Some of the sections which could use a little improvement in my opinion:
- More Bookmarks – This ebook comes with some bookmarks, but not as many as I would have liked to see due to the huge size of the ebook. This of course is not a knock on the book itself, but rather with how the information is presented.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – This section has a lot of good but basic SEO information which is geared specifically towards WordPress users. This is great for someone learning WordPress, but I would have liked to see some more advanced techniques included as well for WordPress veterans.
- Improved Forums Section – I’ve always felt forums are an important part of any successful WordPress blog. After reading the forums section, I felt like a few more pages could have been dedicated to this section. It covers WordPress plugins which create forums, but doesn’t appear to cover things like vBulletin or PHPBB, which are probably the most commonly used forum software for WordPress blogs.
Overall, I have to say that I am pretty happy with the WordPress for Internet Marketers eBook. If you are interested, all 950+ pages are available for only $77.00. This price includes a document filled with WordPress resources, free updates to the ebook as future versions of WordPress become available, and 100 WordPress themes which can be used to put some of the tips provided in the ebook into practice.