Over the past year, the premium WordPress themes market has really grown and all sorts of different themes have been released. Probably the most popular market right now seems to be the magazine WordPress themes, making for a highly competitive niche.
One of the more recent entries into the market is Natty WP, who until now seems to have been pretty focused on building custom blogging themes. Their newest theme, however, intends to compete in that magazine WordPress theme market and so far it looks pretty good!
Here is the list of features the author includes with the Tribune theme:
- Theme Admin Panel - Admin panel allows you to fully customize the theme, including adding banners, AdSense, change the logo and favicon, set the color of links and customize the category.
- 7 Advanced Color Schemes – Here you can find a huge variety of different color schemes for any taste. Just choose the one which suites you better!
- Infinite variations and looks – A special feature for those who want more! Using the template with a fully transparent body you can easily create an infinite number of different variations and looks by changing the background image.
- AJAX Modules – Specially designed modules make template rather elegant and functional.
- Easy Logo switching – Want to change the logo? You can easily do this through the admin panel selecting the right image. The theme includes Psd file with the logo, where you can change the title and add your logo image.
- Advanced news module – Block of additional news allows the user to select the necessary number of news to be displayed. Choosing 1, 3 or 5 stories for each block, we save these settings for it. Signing in next time the user sees as many news as they have chosen before.
- Color picker – Thanks to the built-in Color Picker, you can easily change the color of the links in your theme! Be creative, customize your site and make it unique.
- XHTML Valid – Tribune meets all standards and has been fully tested for errors, as it is very important for us to create a clear and semantic code.
- Cross-Browser Compatible – Fully compliant with W3C standards, Tribune theme together with WordPress offers perfect performance with the most popular browsers such as Firefox, IE, Safari.
- Easy AdSense setup - To display AdSense blocks you just need to enable the menu to display banners or AdSense.
- Optimized for WordPress 2.6 + version
- W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional. W3C CSS Valid
- Fully compatible IE7, IE6, Safari 2+, Firefox 2+, Opera 9+
- CSS Based Design
- 24/7 support
Probably my feature is the AJAX the theme uses for the module. Rather than the traditional dom tabs, you can “slide” between the tabs content. It also uses AJAX to “drop down” individual categories (selected by each user), which is something I don’t remember seeing on any other themes.
As for the appearance, the Tribune theme has some additional unique qualities for a magazine WordPress theme which help it to stand out from the competition. It actually comes with a completely transparent background which allows you to easily insert a background image of your choice, making your theme instantly unique.
Here is a breakdown of the Tribune theme’s homepage (with the transparent layout):
And here is a screen shot of the post page:
You can check out the live demo of the theme here to actually view how these impressive new features work.
Another great thing about the Tribune theme is the price! Currently the Tribune theme is available with two licenses. The Single-Use License is only $45.00, or you can get the Developer’s Pack for $150.00.