Depending on how many blogs you run and how many much time you spend practicing affiliate marketing, you have probably found that managing and tracking all of your affiliate links can often be very overwhelming. All sorts of different affiliate accounts means a large amount of affiliate codes to manage and a lot of manual work getting them all into their proper place on your blog(s).
There are a few different strategies you can use to manage your affiliate profile, but as users of WordPress, we are at a significant advantage because we have access to some great WordPress plugins. There are a few plugins available that are designed to do something with your affiliate links, but I had yet to find one that really worked well and the way I wanted it to. One that I tried even caused me some significant problems, requiring me to use a database backup.
After all of my testing, so far the clear leader and only one that really worked well was the premium WordPress plugin WP-Affiliate Pro. This plugin has a fee associated with it, but in my opinion it is totally worth it because it allows you to manage everything within your WordPress dashboard. If you can up your affiliate income quickly, it will quickly pay for itself.
Here are a summy list of features I’ve thrown together based upon my experiences with this plugin:
- Control Your Affiliate Links From the Dashboard – With this plugin, you can instantly add affiliate links to specific keywords on your blog. The plugin will search through old posts and update them with your affiliate links. If you only want to do 1-2 per post, you can set it to only do that as well. It is fully customizable from the WordPress dashboard.
- Tracks Your Affiliate Traffic – Each time an affiliate link is clicked, it is counted and will be displayed in real time within your WordPress dashboard. This way you can figure out what products are working and which ones aren’t.
- Masks Affiliate Links – This software will mask your affiliate links and also make it so people can’t hover their mouse over a link to see the destination. The only way to find out is to click on the link.
- Customize Affiliate LInks – With this plugin, you can customize the look and style of your affiliate links to match your specifications. This way you can make them stand out, use different fonts, or whatever you want to try to see what works.
- Compatible with Other Advertising Methods - Whether you monetize your blog with Google AdSense or other advertising methods, this plugin is fully compatible.
So, as you can see, it is much more than your standard WordPress plugin. If you’d like to see a video demonstration of these features, the authors have provided these two quick videos:
- Video #1
- Video #2
You can also see the plugin in action on several top blogs that use WordPress, including affiliate marketing pro Zac Johnson’s blog.
If you’d like to read more, I recommend you check out the WP-Affiliate Pro WordPress plugin page.