Some of our long time readers may remember last April I wrote about a somewhat revolutionary new WordPress theme, which in my opinion was well ahead of its time, known as the Shifter theme. Though this theme looked a little plain at first, it was completely built around using the WordPress widget feature, allowing for incredible versatility.
Since that time no one else has really attacked the widget angle the way Shifter did…..at least until now. After over 2 months of production and quite a few beta testers (myself included), I am excited to share with our readers that iThemes has released what is probably their best theme yet, the Flexx Theme.
This theme comes with over 1,000 possible layout combinations! Other Flexx features include:
- Rotating Header Images – Easily upload your new header images and set the Flash-like transition effects
- Contact Form Page Template – The custom image uploader feature allows you to personalize your site with your own logo
- Plug and Play Graphic Changes – Easily change the look of your site by uploading new background images (setting every different combo with it) and setting the color through a Photoshop-like color picker.
- Menu Builder – Pick and choose what Pages you want in the menu navigation, including subpages.
- Search Engine Optimization – As with all our themes, we’ve built it to get you the best exposure in the search engines, and include a SEO panel to tweak some basic settings.
- Multiple Color Styles – This first series comes in two pre-built color styles (Bold and Canvas), but it has a rockin’ feature that lets you easily upload new background images (setting every different combo with it) and setting the color through a Photoshop-like color picker.
- Drop down navigation menu
To get an idea of one of the 1,000+ possibilities available, you can check out the Flexx demo. Here are a couple screen shots:
Flexx Post Page
The best part about the new Flexx theme is the price! It falls under the iThemes standard pricing model of $79.95 for a single-use license and $249.95 for the developer’s license. iThemes 2008 theme club members of course get this theme for free.
What do you think of this incredible theme? Anyone else think that widget-based themes might be the future or the premium WordPress themes market?