Are you looking for another way to monetize your WordPress blog? Back in November 2008, I wrote about a new premium WordPress plugin called Auction Thumbs. After that post was published, there seemed to be a lot of interest in this type of product. This seems to be because people are quickly discovering they can make a lot of money online by doing nothing more than simply sending traffic over to eBay for relevant auctions! In this post I will be discussing a similar WordPress plugin which has actually been around for over two years now called PHP Bay Pro.
PHP Bay is an eBay affiliate script that comes in two forms. The first is a stand-alone API version which allows non-WordPress PHP based websites to quickly and easily add eBay keyword based content advertisements to their website. The second version is the one which will apply to our readers, and that is the easy to use PHP Bay WordPress plugin.
PHP Bay Pro lets you take advantage of the 80 million auctions on eBay by adding relevant auctions to your WordPress blog. When users click on the auctions, they are taken to that auction on eBay. Then once people buy ANY item on eBay, you earn a commission, even if it wasn’t what you referred them for. In fact, you get commission for any auctions won over the next 7 days by that person. If that wasn’t enough, if someone signs up for an eBay account within 7 days of clicking on your eBay auction link, you also get a very nice commission (can be as high as $40.00 I believe, but usually around $15.00 each).
Here is the feature list you get with PHP Bay:
- Earn revenue through the Ebay Partner Network or other popular programs like PepperJam, Mediaplex, TradeDoubler or Affilinet!
- Add keyword rich Ebay items to your php based web site that encourage impulsive buys!
- Easily Integrate into any New or Existing WordPress Blog!
- Thousands of free WordPress templates available across the web to create virtually any type of site!
- List auction items regionally from 17 different countries!
- List items by postal code (zip code) for localized results.
- List items from specific Ebay categories.
- Listings displayed in language and currency of selected country.
- Listings displayed in rows or specified number of columns for a Web 2.0 look and feel!
- Access to our active members only forum that offers a tremendous value in how to get more out of phpBay Pro, strategies, tips and tricks and much more!
- Use on as many sites as you own! phpBay Pro is not limited to one domain. It can be used on one, or hundreds of sites with one license!
- Comprehensive user manual with illustrations, in PDF format, for both the WordPress version and the API version, that will walk you through, step-by-step, to install and get working quickly with phpBay Pro!
- Upgrades are free for the life of the product! phpBay Pro is nearly two years old with three major upgrades made with suggestions from our user base!
If you are considering buying this WordPress plugin, make sure the topic your WordPress blog(s) covers will convert well on eBay. Product based websites which cover something that is often bought on eBay seems to convert the best (electronics, pictures, etc.). If your blog covers free products or some sort of service, chances are using a WordPress plugin like this won’t be worth your effort and will annoy your readers.
If you decide you’re interested in PHP Bay Pro, it looks like it is currently available for $79.00. I believe they used to have a free version as well, but I’ve not been able to track that down so they may have removed it since I bought my copy of this plugin last year.