Over the past couple years it has been impressive to see Facebook craftily grow its influence beyond the Facebook.com domain and expanding all throughout the internet. For example, it seems just about every major website now allows you to login using Facebook. With Facebook’s growing influence over the internet it isn’t surprising many WordPress developers have really stepped up, providing a number of great free and premium WordPress plugins to help improve WordPress and Facebook integration.
Once of my most recent Facebook plugin discoveries came from the developers at Premium Coding, a website which builds quite a few things, including a series of premium WordPress plugins. The plugin I want to talk about today is called Facebook Page Themes, and the title pretty much sums up what this plugin does. With this premium WordPress plugin users can generate a custom designed theme for your Facebook page, giving your business a professional look that promotes your product or service. [Continue Reading...]
As we transition to a new era of computing where people are getting their information via mobile phones, you are starting to see just about every high profile website or blog making their own iPhone app. But what about the average WordPress user who doesn’t have the time and/or budget to make their own custom iPhone application?
Not long ago I covered a free WordPress plugin called WPTouch which creates a mobile-friendly version of your WordPress blog to display for mobile web browsers. The unfortunate truth, however, is that outside of clicking on a link from Twitter on their phones, most iPhone, Android, or mobile users in general do not use the mobile web to view a webpage. In order to maximize convenience for your readers you really need a custom iPhone application. This is where an app I recently discovered, Wiziapp, comes to the rescue.
What is WiziApp? Wiziapp is a WordPress plugin that automatically turns your WordPress blog into a native iPhone app in real time, giving easy access to the following within the application: Posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, links, images, videos, and audio files. And if that wasn’t enough, Wiziapp even offers a push notification service to notify iOS users when your website has new content available!
Here is a complete list of the features provided by the Wiziapp team:
- Create and personalize your iPhone application from your WordPress dashboard using the plugin’s wizard.
- Deliver all of your blog content directly to your App in real time.
- Notify your readers about new posts via push notification service.
- Your readers can easily read and post new comments directly from your App.
- Your App will display your images and galleries in native iPhone style.
- All the media you have posted will be collected to video or audio libraries.
- Your readers can easily search your blog directly from your App.
- Playing video and audio using Wiziapp’s advanced players.
- Enable your readers to navigate between posts by categories, tags or author name.
- Integrate with your login system.
- Your readers can easily share your posts and images via Facebook, Twitter, Email or SMS.
- Monetize your App by displaying ads using your own AdMob account.
- Your readers can easily save your posts to their ‘favorites’ list.
- We publish your App to the iTunes App Store and save you time & money dealing with an Apple developer account.
- See daily stats of your App visits and downloads.
- Stay up to date with all iOS and WordPress new features.
- Check out the Wiziapp tour here.
If you are an affiliate marketer, I’m sure you will be able to see the tremendous value in a new WordPress plugin (which was just released today) known as the LP Jumper WordPress plugin. I’ve been working with the author of the plugin for over a year now on various affiliate campaigns and was thrilled to be able to get a sneak peak at the Landing Page Jumper plugin a day early and try it out.
With the LP Jumper WordPress plugin, the concept is really simple. All you have to do is upload and activate the plugin. Once activated, you can control all the WordPress themes in your theme directory from the settings panel, setting rotation percentages (percentages much total 100% in order for the rotation to work properly). Once done, the theme displayed will change each time the website is refreshed based upon the percentages you set.
Here are some of the features of this premium WordPress plugin, which are any affiliate marketers dream:
- Rotate Multiple Landing Pages from One Traffic Source
- Find Out How Many Times the Specific Landing Page was viewed
- Give Specific Priority to a Landing Page base on its Performance
- Ability to Test your Current Landing Page Layout with Different Color Variations
- Easily Create One Campaign and Utilize One Traffic Source to Test
If you’d like to learn more, you can read about the LP Jumper plugin here.
Are you looking for another way to monetize your WordPress blog? Back in November 2008, I wrote about a new premium WordPress plugin called Auction Thumbs. After that post was published, there seemed to be a lot of interest in this type of product. This seems to be because people are quickly discovering they can make a lot of money online by doing nothing more than simply sending traffic over to eBay for relevant auctions! In this post I will be discussing a similar WordPress plugin which has actually been around for over two years now called PHP Bay Pro.
PHP Bay is an eBay affiliate script that comes in two forms. The first is a stand-alone API version which allows non-WordPress PHP based websites to quickly and easily add eBay keyword based content advertisements to their website. The second version is the one which will apply to our readers, and that is the easy to use PHP Bay WordPress plugin.
PHP Bay Pro lets you take advantage of the 80 million auctions on eBay by adding relevant auctions to your WordPress blog. When users click on the auctions, they are taken to that auction on eBay. Then once people buy ANY item on eBay, you earn a commission, even if it wasn’t what you referred them for. In fact, you get commission for any auctions won over the next 7 days by that person. If that wasn’t enough, if someone signs up for an eBay account within 7 days of clicking on your eBay auction link, you also get a very nice commission (can be as high as $40.00 I believe, but usually around $15.00 each).
Here is the feature list you get with PHP Bay:
- Earn revenue through the Ebay Partner Network or other popular programs like PepperJam, Mediaplex, TradeDoubler or Affilinet!
- Add keyword rich Ebay items to your php based web site that encourage impulsive buys!
- Easily Integrate into any New or Existing WordPress Blog!
- Thousands of free WordPress templates available across the web to create virtually any type of site!
- List auction items regionally from 17 different countries!
- List items by postal code (zip code) for localized results.
- List items from specific Ebay categories.
- Listings displayed in language and currency of selected country.
- Listings displayed in rows or specified number of columns for a Web 2.0 look and feel!
- Access to our active members only forum that offers a tremendous value in how to get more out of phpBay Pro, strategies, tips and tricks and much more!
- Use on as many sites as you own! phpBay Pro is not limited to one domain. It can be used on one, or hundreds of sites with one license!
- Comprehensive user manual with illustrations, in PDF format, for both the WordPress version and the API version, that will walk you through, step-by-step, to install and get working quickly with phpBay Pro!
- Upgrades are free for the life of the product! phpBay Pro is nearly two years old with three major upgrades made with suggestions from our user base!
If you are considering buying this WordPress plugin, make sure the topic your WordPress blog(s) covers will convert well on eBay. Product based websites which cover something that is often bought on eBay seems to convert the best (electronics, pictures, etc.). If your blog covers free products or some sort of service, chances are using a WordPress plugin like this won’t be worth your effort and will annoy your readers.
If you decide you’re interested in PHP Bay Pro, it looks like it is currently available for $79.00. I believe they used to have a free version as well, but I’ve not been able to track that down so they may have removed it since I bought my copy of this plugin last year.
Have you ever wanted to run one of those review websites? They’ve been sprouting up all over the place over the past year and you may be wondering how people are building these sites so easily. WordPress users now have that option with a single premium WordPress plugin and premium theme called WP Review Site.
With this premium theme and plugin combination (you get both), you can easily create a bunch of small niche review sites by simply uploading and activating the plugin/theme combination! The theme has everything setup upon activation, so there is no need to do anything.
WP Review Site Plugin Features:
- Posts sorted by weighted average
- Works for posts or pages
- Powers an entire website, or just selected parts of it
- Horizontal/List or Vertical/Table displays
- WordPress Affiliate Link Management
- Complete Premium WordPress Theme
- Admin panel integration (Ratings show up in comment moderation screens, and only approved comments influence the average ratings displayed on any post or page.)
- Free Upgrades for Life
Here is a sample of how WP Review Site will look using the default theme:
In order to get a copy of this premium WordPress plugin (and theme), you can now purchase a copy.
Single Use Package: $97, Multi Use Package: $199, & Developer Package: $299