Are you looking for another way to monetize your WordPress blog? Back in November 2008, I wrote about a new premium WordPress plugin called Auction Thumbs. After that post was published, there seemed to be a lot of interest in this type of product. This seems to be because people are quickly discovering they can make a lot of money online by doing nothing more than simply sending traffic over to eBay for relevant auctions! In this post I will be discussing a similar WordPress plugin which has actually been around for over two years now called PHP Bay Pro.
PHP Bay is an eBay affiliate script that comes in two forms. The first is a stand-alone API version which allows non-WordPress PHP based websites to quickly and easily add eBay keyword based content advertisements to their website. The second version is the one which will apply to our readers, and that is the easy to use PHP Bay WordPress plugin.
PHP Bay Pro lets you take advantage of the 80 million auctions on eBay by adding relevant auctions to your WordPress blog. When users click on the auctions, they are taken to that auction on eBay. Then once people buy ANY item on eBay, you earn a commission, even if it wasn’t what you referred them for. In fact, you get commission for any auctions won over the next 7 days by that person. If that wasn’t enough, if someone signs up for an eBay account within 7 days of clicking on your eBay auction link, you also get a very nice commission (can be as high as $40.00 I believe, but usually around $15.00 each).
Here is the feature list you get with PHP Bay:
- Earn revenue through the Ebay Partner Network or other popular programs like PepperJam, Mediaplex, TradeDoubler or Affilinet!
- Add keyword rich Ebay items to your php based web site that encourage impulsive buys!
- Easily Integrate into any New or Existing WordPress Blog!
- Thousands of free WordPress templates available across the web to create virtually any type of site!
- List auction items regionally from 17 different countries!
- List items by postal code (zip code) for localized results.
- List items from specific Ebay categories.
- Listings displayed in language and currency of selected country.
- Listings displayed in rows or specified number of columns for a Web 2.0 look and feel!
- Access to our active members only forum that offers a tremendous value in how to get more out of phpBay Pro, strategies, tips and tricks and much more!
- Use on as many sites as you own! phpBay Pro is not limited to one domain. It can be used on one, or hundreds of sites with one license!
- Comprehensive user manual with illustrations, in PDF format, for both the WordPress version and the API version, that will walk you through, step-by-step, to install and get working quickly with phpBay Pro!
- Upgrades are free for the life of the product! phpBay Pro is nearly two years old with three major upgrades made with suggestions from our user base!
If you are considering buying this WordPress plugin, make sure the topic your WordPress blog(s) covers will convert well on eBay. Product based websites which cover something that is often bought on eBay seems to convert the best (electronics, pictures, etc.). If your blog covers free products or some sort of service, chances are using a WordPress plugin like this won’t be worth your effort and will annoy your readers.
If you decide you’re interested in PHP Bay Pro, it looks like it is currently available for $79.00. I believe they used to have a free version as well, but I’ve not been able to track that down so they may have removed it since I bought my copy of this plugin last year.
When most people start out blogging, it is usually because they love to blog. Remember those days? Over time, you either quit or continue to grow as a blogger, and it is almost inevitable that at some point you will start to look into monetizing your blog. Whether you use Google AdSense, affiliate marketing, or direct advertising sales, there is nothing wrong with getting paid for doing what you love to do. In fact in many ways, getting paid can cause you to work harder and up both the quality and quantity of your work.
One of the many problems with selling direct advertising is that it can sometimes be a pain to manage, and it often takes you away from what you love to do, which is blogging. It is kind of like small business owners who love their job, but hate all the paperwork and accounting that is involved with running and managing their own business.
Fortunately as WordPress bloggers, there is a solution available to us in the form of a WordPress plugin called OIO Publisher. This is an incredible premium WordPress plugin that will completely automate the entire advertising process on your blog. In fact, chances are that you have seen people using it (including many high profile bloggers), but just not realized this plugin is what they were using to control the entire process from their WordPress dashboard.
When you download OIO Publisher, you’ll receive a WordPress plugin and be able to get an API key for each blog you want to use it on. The plugin will create an OIO Publisher tab in your dashboard where you can manage your blogs advertisements (designate how many links, paid reviews, inline ads, banners, or custom advertising your blog will have available), create and manage an affiliate program for products or services on your blog from your dashboard, and even see statistics regarding your advertisements! Possibly my favorite feature of this plugin is that you can even set the plugin to send weekly reports to your advertisers or place your statistical information into their marketplace.
The best part about this premium plugin is that it will just about manage everything for you for a one-time fee of $37.00. Once purchased, you then have access to use the plugin on as many blogs as you would like, as well as get access to their downloadable sales platform, marketplace, and all of the other features mentioned above! You also get free updates each time the plugin is updated.
In my opinion, the value of this plugin heavily outweighs the low price, but if you’d like to see for yourself the plugin in action, I recommend you check out a demo of OIOPublisher and purchase your copy today. The demonstation allows you to view how it will look on your blog and how you can manage everything from your WordPress dashboard.