Akismet has long been accepted as the most popular spam fighting WordPress plugin, closely followed by both Bad Behavior (which can be used along with Akismet) and of course Spam Karma 2. However, one interesting WordPress plugin I recently came across is the AntiSpam Bee plugin, which was designed by the author specifically to be a competitor with Akismet.
The interesting thing is that this WordPress plugin actually replaces the comments field completely, making it so spammers can’t find it. Some other listed features:
- Quick & Dirty: activate, done!
- Spam may be marked or deleted immediately
- Saves no data in the database, accordingly no connection
- WordPress 2.7 ready: Design and as well as technical
- Very, very fast execution
- No need to adjust any templates
- Clean up after uninstall the plugin
- Anonymous and independent
Has anyone tried this WordPress plugin yet? I’d love to some first-hand experiences from people using it.